Electrical Maintenance Technician
Gaffney, SC 29340
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide repair and service support in manufacturing environment, working with production type machinery.
- Perform full range of maintenance on assigned equipment; including repair, on-site troubleshooting, installation, removal and preventative maintenance.
- Assigns duties, instructs and guides the work of Mechanic B or other lower grade craftsman assigned to projects as needed.
- Observes and complies with safety precautions for self and others, especially Lock-Out policy.
- Maintains good housekeeping.
- May perform other duties as necessary including cross-training on production jobs to fill vacancies as needed and or assist shift supervisor on the movement of product from one station to the next.
- Installs, repairs and maintains machinery, mechanical and electrical equipment such as electrical controls, electrical/servomotors, pneumatics, hydraulic, HMI' s and programmable logic controller equipment.
- Install power wiring and conduit for new machines and equipment per NEC code.
- Connect power wiring to machines and equipment, connects cables and wires between machine and equipment.
- Diagnose and test malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, controls, and lighting fixtures and replace damaged or broken wires, cables and parts.
- Program automated machinery such as PLC' s, drives, and other microprocessor - based hardware. Test malfunctions and verify repairs.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- A certificate or diploma from a recognized technical school or college in the field of electronics, electrical repair and PLC training.
- Ability to interpret equipment manuals, complex diagrams, drawings, tables, and charts.
- Four (4) or more years of related field experience may be submitted for the certificate or diploma.
$18.50/hr while training (1st shift), $19/hr once moved to 3rd shift
Apply with CRS in person any time Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am-11am/1pm-4pm at:
1005 W Floyd Baker Blvd.
Gaffney, SC 29341
Or Apply Online Now!
Hiring company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans status or on the basis of disability.